- NEW focus session for commercial and industrial power users exploring PV
- New business models to improve attractiveness of rural electrification
- 1-to-1 meetings: local developers with international partners & investors
- Diesel gensets, storage & micro-grids: partnerships to strengthen the value proposition
- Accessing competitive sources of private finance
- Government & grid operator Q&A: Tariff changes, land control issues, grid access, & standardized PPA documentation
Stepping away from small-scale donor led schemes - Solar Energy East Africa brings together domestic and international solar players with East African commercial and industrial power users to explore grid-tied and off-grid commercially viable opportunities for PV deployment.
Serving as forum to connect local developers with international partners and investors the conference aims to create well capitalised and experienced partnerships who can deliver high quality PV systems in a timely manner to the East African region.
Benefits of Attending
- Network with energy managers representing East African Manufacturing, agricultural, tourism, real estate, telecom and mining industries as part of the special focus session: PV for commercial and industrial power users
- Identify new local development and distribution partners from across the East African region
- Hear first hand from governments on the proposed roll-out of feed-in tariff and net metering schemes including the change of Kenya’s FiT scheme to an auction and benefit from peer led analysis on the implications of this
- Connect with private investors moving the market away from pureplay donor finance
- Discuss new business models and technical options to make micro-grids a commercially viable value proposition